Can you even believe that Christmas is only ELEVEN DAYS AWAY?
i mean, how did this happen?
I don’t know about you, but I tend to start getting a little stressed when I’m this close to Christmas, because my mind starts racing as I think of all I still want to accomplish.
and no matter how “ahead of the game” I think I am, I still feel this stress.
and quite frankly, I hate feeling this way.
i want to enjoy this season and not be filled with unnecessary stress and worry, you know?
After having a slight freak out session this morning when my daughter asked me to take her shopping today, I decided it’s time to make a plan and simplify.
i need to figure out what’s most important to me this season: perfect Christmas decor and goodies, or sweet memories made with my family.
obviously, I’m choosing my family.
and so, I shall come up with a plan that allows me to both enjoy my family, as well as make Christmas special for those I love.
Here’s what I’m thinking….
1. I’ve decided to give my kids a much lighter load of school work this week, which will free me up to attend to some other things on my list.
2. I’m going to sit down and start writing out what needs to be done, starting with the most important things first.
3. After I make my list, I’m going to then look at my calendar and start picking which days I want to do what, and write it in.
4. I’m also going to take into consideration the shopping trips for the kids, so that they can finish buying gifts for each other, as well as for their dad and I.
5. something I did last year that I really enjoyed was to wake up early and sit and look at the lit up Christmas tree as I have my quite time. I haven’t done that yet this season, so that’s on my list for tomorrow!
This season goes by way to fast, and I don’t want to miss one beautiful moment of it; and neither should you!
**What special traditions do you have this time of year? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!